Benefits & Tips
It is possible to live in a state of balance and vitality. A cleanse is about a transition. Toxins are all around us, no escape. We accumulate these toxins over a period of time and eventually, our bodies succumb, in the form of sinus issues, low energy, poor skin quality, and further down the road develop into more challenging imbalances. We need to eliminate these built up toxins on a consistent basis and free ourselves from these bothersome concerns - Lucky you that's our specialty.
- Rebalance the body.
- Alkalize the system.
- Give digestion a rest.
- Remove acidic build-up in the colon, to encourage proper nutrient absorption.
- Re-hydrate the system.
- Create better eating habits and break unhealthy patterns.
To get the most out of your cleanse, preparation is essential. You’ll want to start weaning yourself off of your usual indulgences and make a few adjustments a few days before you start. To begin your cleanse ... set Intentions. What do you want to get out of this cleanse? When we have a clear picture of what we want to lose, gain, and strengthen the odds are we will attain these goals.
Nutrition & Hydration
Hydration is a key component to a successful cleanse – plus, it helps ease dry skin, irregularity and more. We recommend starting your mornings with a cup of herbal tea or warm water with lemon, drinking at least two liters of filtered water per day and ditching caffeinated drinks.
Obviously, starting a cleanse means you’re going to change your eating habits a lot, but it can help your cleanse – and be less of a shock to your system – if you make some simple alterations in the three days leading up to your start date. We recommend eating wholesome, whole foods, and skipping out on meats and poultry, refined starches (bread, white rice, and pasta), dairy products, sugar, alcohol and nicotine. So what can you eat? If cutting out all meat is a little much, supplement with fish – and enjoy fresh salads and starchy veggies. The day before you start your cleanse, try transitioning to soups and steamed or raw veggies. We also recommend supplementing your diet with fatty acids, like flaxseeds, which can be added to your food or taken on their own.
Slow sustainable change...Learn into it.
During Cleanse To Do's.
You’ve kicked your cleanse off and are ready to start reaping the benefits of juicing. Bravo! Part of this experience will be about learning some tips that you can incorporate into your daily life experience. Keep these in mind to help your system be in its best possible shape to keep everything flowing:
- Keep drinking at least eight glasses of water per day! Think about adding lemon, cucumber slices, or sea salt for an extra kick.
- Make sure you get ample rest.
- Having trouble eliminating? We recommend booking colonics or doing enemas to help flush out any toxic waste.
- We suggest easing up on your usual work-out routine but recommend taking one or two light walks per day, using a rebounder and yoga to accelerate your lymphatic and circulatory systems.
- Try an infrared sauna, which will assist with 'sweating' things out.
- Consider a massage or reflexology treatment. A10-minute foot massage cannot only relieve aching feet but also give your whole body a boost. There are many who specialize in this area, but if you can’t find one why not try it yourself? One of oldest natural treatments to banish fatigue and strengthen immunity is walking barefoot on dewy grass. The best way to achieve being “grounded” is by having your bare feet firmly planted on the earth’s natural surface.
- Try a dry skin brush before you shower to open your pores and shed dead skin cells.
- Try Float Therapy.
- Treat yourself to warm baths or Epsom salt baths.
- Take a daily probiotic to help your intestines repopulate the good flora you need, and to help you get balanced. We recommend Progurt, which you can purchase when you book your cleanse.
- Begin with an Air Bath. Remove all clothing (best done before a shower) and allow fresh air to circulate around your body for a few minutes. Many that believe exposure of the body in this way for 10 minutes can improve metabolism and strengthen immunity.
- Attitude is everything. Maintain a positive attitude and remind yourself of the big picture: healthy, happy cells equal a healthy, happy life.
Feeling uncomfortable? Remember, while we ease the load on your digestive system, your body is adjusting to the clean nutrients you’re putting in it, and it’s simultaneously ridding itself of all the stuff you just don’t need. If you’re feeling exceptionally wiped out and need a little something to help pick you up, try some non-caffeinated herbal tea, or add a pinch of Celtic sea salt to your drinks. Still hungry? Try drinking some veggie broth. And if you are really craving solids, have a few slices of apples or cucumber.
Post Cleanse Take Aways.
Congratulations! You’ve finished! Tomorrow wake up and follow your morning routine kick off with lemon water. Keep hydrating! Now let’s get you back on track with a plan that will help you continue to feel the benefits of your cleanse and maximize its effectiveness. The more gently you re-introduce foods into your diet, the better off you’ll be. Break your cleanse with small meals that incorporate solids and liquids. Don’t forget to CHEW! Be conscious of it. Exercise is non-negotiable so pick a routine and STICK to it. It is time to embrace the space of "feeding yourself at a higher level". You are too good for JUNK - at least most of the time! :) If possible, add one thing to your diet going forward that you did not do before. Perhaps that’s eating raw veggies at least once a day.